Telephone: 086 8395533
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Projects Technician for their site.
- Planning and delivery of new product/process and /or continuous improvement-based projects.
- Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Technical writing such as protocols, reports and labbooks.
- Project planning including Gannt development, project costing and resource management.
- Actively involved in problem solving activities.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisors for complex problems.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
In addition, from time to time the following may be required:
- Engineering support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Responsible for initiating the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Offer technical support to the TPM team in all areas.
- Identify, gain approval and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualification.
- Experience in managing a project plan and project timelines.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a related field.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Experience of automation an advantage.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 8-Step problem solving and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC's, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage
For further information on this Projects Technician role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.