Contact: Aofie O Reilly
Position Summary / Prototype Technician
Under minimal supervision, supports the new product development process by producing prototypes, developing tooling and contributing to design, process and fixturing solutions.
Must have ability to manage multiple project requests.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Will precision machine experimental, prototype and pilot production component parts, dies and molds using a wide range of materials and equipment/machine tools.
- Will support manufacturing engineering, R&D and the test lab during new product introductions including input into product and process design reviews, fixture/tooling design and design for manufacturing.
- Will assist manufacturing engineering on new process production support, process validation, CNC machine programming and operator setup training.
- Will be required to evaluate and order equipment and supplies as appropriate for each assignment.
- Will design and/or build fixtures and related apparatus as needed for assigned unit/department.
- Will work from engineering schematics and/or specifications and will use precision measuring equipment to ensure components and finished products meet engineering/design specifications.
- Will load, edit, write and design part programs and/or component parts and routinely set up and operate CNC and NC machine tools.
- Will assist in the troubleshooting, maintenance of machinery.
- Will be required to comply with all new product documentation and process control procedures including CNC program control and fixture documentation.
- Will train and/or assist others in product development and design for related topics.
- Will interact with suppliers to resolve product issues.
- Advanced skill in fabrication
- Advanced skill in complex fixture design and creation.
- Design complex prototypes and fixtures by use of CAD/CAM.
- Will assist in the research, design and acquisition of new fixtures, equipment and prototyping capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- Tool making Qualification or a Certificate / Diploma in an Engineering with related work experience in a precision machining environment.
- 3 + years related precision machining and tool making experience.
- Experience in machining a wide variety of metals, and plastics.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Must be able to follow detailed instruction and inspection procedures. Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve complex machining issues of a broad scope using independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate CNC and manual machine tools, small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, hammer, etc.), power tools and test/inspection equipment.
- Demonstrate good ability to master the operation of new equipment and machine tools in a timely and effectual manner.
- Advanced math and measuring skills.
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed schedules, performance and design objectives.
- Ability to read, understand and generate complex engineering drawings.
- Advanced ability to design components and fixturing on CAD/CAM.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned projects/topics.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent related PC skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
For further information on this Prototype Technician role in please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval