Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit Purchasing Analyst for their site.
- Integrates new and maintains existing sources to ensure adequate inventory of material.
- Work with suppliers to improve delivery performance and remove waste from processes to decrease lead time.
- Set long term supply plan and work with supplier to assure sufficient capacity based on forecast.
- Set/manage and maintain inventory levels based on company/industry standards.
- Regularly present to internal and supplier executive and senior leadership teams.
- Integrate new products into existing internal and supplier systems and processes.
- Mentors and trains new hires and takes leadership on business initiatives to drive positive change within the team.
- May be responsible for leading cost reduction and/or special project teams.
- Analyses quotations received, and schedules delivery of products, materials, and/or components.
- Prepares orders and follow-up orders to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Analyses demand and usage information.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operations.
- Prepares, submits, and may explain periodic reports on areas of responsibility (such as detailed cost analysis, plans, and project results).
- May track and analyse new product parts/components through the entire product life cycle.
- Supports supplier capacity analysis and reconciliation used in the reporting, planning, and scheduling to drive greater efficiencies in workforce planning.
- May be required to report on current product performance to forecast, safety stock, build attainment, product availability, and inventory levels.
- Ability to navigate sku level negotiation with appropriate supplier contacts.
- Ability to articulate thoughts professionally, representing both Operations and the Company, and present to large groups, including senior leadership.
- Utilizes analytical skills to interpret system requirements and put together financial projections.
- Monitors supplier performance and partners cross-functionally to drive accountability and improve supplier relationships.
- Conducts inventory analysis to maintain the lowest level of inventory possible while servicing our customers at an excellent level.
- Drives strategic business initiatives like Product Life Cycle Management, identifying opportunities and facilitating appropriate actions towards successful completion
- Seeks opportunities to identify wastes and increase efficiency to drive continuous improvement
- Drives more strategic business initiatives while maintaining relative amounts of tactical
- responsibility, as needed by the business.
- Utilizes the following equipment/Applications: Oracle MRP system, Windchill PLM system, Internet
- Explorer, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific methods.
- Ability to review printed documents.
- Must be able to analyse and resolve non-routine materials issues of a moderate to diverse scope,
- using independent judgment.
- Advanced PC skills.
For further information on Purchasing Analyst role in Cork please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.