Telephone: 021 2066287
Buyer / Planer
Our client a leading food company in Dublin are looking to recruit a Buyer / Planner for their site
What will I be doing?
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for all Supply Chain Activities.
- Purchasing of Raw Materials
- Maintaining lean stock levels of both Raw Materials and Manufactured products
- Scheduling of Production
- Responsible for the sourcing of Raw Materials and packaging for ongoing production
- Develop a sourcing strategy that maintains lean stock levels of Raw Materials, whilst taking into consideration on time supply, high risk products and reduction of logistics costs.
- Negotiate supply contracts for key high usage / value products
- Manage Supplier relationships, and implement evaluation and penalty policies for Non Conformance.
- Work with Quality to identify alternate approved suppliers for Raw Materials
- Assist the team with sourcing of new Raw Materials for use in projects
- Develop and manage the Production Scheduling Process, balancing efficiency with responsiveness to key business issues and technical restrictions
- Identify and implement Supply Chain process improvements
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for Supply Chain activities
- Utilise the ERP to gain efficiencies in Supply Chain activities, and work with the Financial Controller on the implementation of the Advanced Materials Management module
- Produce strategic sourcing reports relevant to the portfolios of key customers
- Develop and implement market updates for Senior Management on key commodity products
- Develop KPIs which demonstrate the efficiency of the supply chain process
- Develop product information sheets for internal communication and education
- Lead cross functional projects
- Additional ad-hoc duties as required
- Prepare fortnightly purchasing briefing document
For further information on this Buyer / Planner role in Dublin please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval