Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Associate
for their site.
- Support the Purchasing Function via the undertaking of tasks assigned by the Purchasing Team Lead or in the Team rota schedule. (for example)
- Maintenance of the Shared Purchasing Mailbox
- Maintenance of the shared web portal for communicating with off-site warehouses
- Publishing Reports in line with existing Purchasing KPI?s
- Planning and maintenance of packaging and other non-stock requirements to support product shipments to customers
- Purchase Order Generation and placement to Suppliers
- Ensure conformance to ISO13485 in relation to Process and Document Control procedures as stated in the Quality Management System. Ensure compliance to procedures ? physical activities must mirror the documented SOP or WI. Where there is a deviation or an opportunity for improvement a change control needs to be agreed and completed
- Reporting of data required for review in quarterly supplier review meetings
- Recording of and the carrying out of associated actions relating to any supplier related incidents that arise.
- Work on the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level. Ensure that the Purchasing Functions follows the purchasing systems that are in place to bring new products into the company.
- While focussed on the Procurement function, developments will almost certainly require involvement throughout the breadth of the supply chain. The job holder will not only need to have a thorough understanding of the supply planning process but also the interdependencies of the extended supply chain (Customer Management, Demand Planning, Supplier Management, Production, Warehouse and Distribution). The jobholder will be required to represent the department on cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives.
Ad Hoc aspects to the role
- To undertake special projects as requested by the department head.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Innovative, with a strong ability to identify pain points and potential solutions.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and drive projects across functions is essential.
Education & Experience
- The Purchasing Associate should have some experience in a purchasing, or supply chain role, but has a keen interest in developing as a Purchasing professional.
- Knowledge of MRP computer systems is preferable and in particular the SAP integrated system as it forms a major part of the supply chain. Experience of the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories global is highly desirable
- SAP/Oracle/Hyperion or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint essential.
For further information on this Purchasing Associate role in Galway please contact Aoife O?Reilly on 091730022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval