Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Associate for their site.
What will I be doing
- Support the Purchasing Function via the undertaking of tasks assigned by the Purchasing Team Lead or in the Team rota schedule.(for example)
- Maintenance of the Shared Purchasing Mailbox
- Maintenance of the shared web portal for communicating with off-site warehouses
- Publishing Reports in line with existing Purchasing KPI's
- Planning and maintenance of packaging and other non-stock requirements to support product shipments to customers
- Purchase Order Generation and placement to Suppliers
- Ensure conformance to ISO13485 in relation to Process and Document Control procedures as stated in the Quality Management System. Ensure compliance to procedures - physical activities must mirror the documented SOP or WI. Where there is a deviation or an opportunity for improvement a change control needs to be agreed and completed
- Reporting of data required for review in quarterly supplier review meetings
- Recording of and the carrying out of associated actions relating to any supplier related incidents that arise.
Change and New Product Management
- Work on the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level. Ensure that the Purchasing Functions follows the purchasing systems that are in place to bring new products into the company.
- While focussed on the Procurement function, developments will almost certainly require involvement throughout the breadth of the supply chain.
- The job holder will not only need to have a thorough understanding of the supply planning process but also the interdependencies of the extended supply chain (Customer Management, Demand Planning, Supplier Management, Production, Warehouse and Distribution).
- The jobholder will be required to represent the department on cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Innovative, with a strong ability to identify pain points and potential solutions.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and drive projects across functions is essential.
What will I doing
- The Purchasing Associate should have some experience in a purchasing, or supply chain role, but has a keen interest in developing as a Purchasing professional. Knowledge of MRP computer systems is preferable and in particular the SAP integrated system as it forms a major part of the supply chain. Experience of the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories global is highly desirable
- SAP/Oracle/Hyperion or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint essential.
For further information on this Purchasing Associate role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.