The role will be based in Galway, Ireland, and is responsible for managing, coaching and developing a team based culture, driving change and improvement initiatives, establishing, communicating and implementing short, medium to long terms plans to ensure that company's targets described within the key performance indicators and "Best in Class" performance levels are achieved in all areas.
- Responsible for the Performance management of the team, ensuring that the ‘ON TRACC process is maintained, goals are set and that team members receive relevant and timely feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Organising the workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard.
- Responsible for the Induction and training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered, and measured.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes and implement IT/SAP functionality that will increase efficiencies to improve our customer’s experience.
- Establish KPI’s and reporting for the company that delivers clear data on the performance of the Purchasing team. Actions coming from those KPI results are used to measurably improve our customers’ experience.
- Maintain and grow personal knowledge and skills, technical and / or product knowledge.
- Develop and maintain areas of expertise in product specialisms required for the role; sharing and expanding knowledge within the Purchasing team.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing Purchasing teams
- Demonstrated success in managing and coordinating a multi-skilled team in performance and productivity.
- A proven record of delivering exceptional Supply Chain service.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with shifting priorities.
- Strong record of developing and implementing procedures.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 0867738651/ mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.