Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Site Purchasing Manager for their site.
Responsible for establishing direction and ongoing management of activities in support of operational procurement execution (Direct Purchasing) and key sourcing categories (Indirect Procurement). Tasked with leveraging relationships between sites, divisions, and supplier base to improve organizational efficiency and optimize business and financial opportunities.
- Responsible for managing the Galway Site Purchasing Function, Operational execution for ?Direct? & Strategic & Operational execution for ?Indirect? ? (MRO & Services), ensuring optimal 3rd Party inventory and service levels with the aim to avoid stock-outs and to minimise EE&O exposure.
- Execute global commodity strategies that are based on a balanced trade-off of cost, risk and growth.
- Support Corporate quality objectives through operational supplier management.
- Ensure all Site Operational Procurement deliverables are met and track performance against targets.
- Provide strategic influence while building relationships with outside suppliers, service providers and respective internal leads to increase organizational integration and efficiency.
- Guide Plant Procurement Teams, R&D, and Quality through a holistic & systematic category approach to supplier management.
- Establish supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Support Global initiatives and efforts in the reduction of TCO (Direct and Indirect Procurement).
- Minimum of 10 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience is an advantage.
- Hetac Level 8 degree in relevant field
- Or Hetac Level 8 degree in none related field plus Diploma in relevant field.
For further information on this Site Purchasing Manager position please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please note Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.