Telephone: 086 2755151
Our client a leading medical device company located in Dublin requires a Procurement Manager
This person will be responsible for all procurement activities to ensure compliance, customer & company requirements are met at the best value which includes the implementation of procurement strategies, policies and procedures. Working closely with internal departments with West Dublin the role will also involve liaison with the Global Procurement Group within the broader West organisation to ensure compliance and best practice policies and procedures are maintained. Reports directly to the Senior Director, Operations.
- 10 years high volume and complex procurement management experience, ideally in a multinational environment and with 5 years' leadership / management experience
- Strong commercial and contractual negotiation skills a must.
- Experience in running complex RFP processes, from RFI to contract execution.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- High competency level in MS Office applications
- Preferably have worked in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Procurement or material management qualification desirable.
- A strong understanding of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles, TCO methodology, Kanban and MRP/ERP systems.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize tasks and work to specified deadlines.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Provide leadership and direction for all procurement activities to ensure compliance, customer & company requirements are met at the best value.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality.
- Manage a team of 3, purchasing specialists and administrator.
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) analysis of company spend.
- Support West R&D and customer facing activities by understanding market trends and latest industry innovations to meet company and customer goals.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve procurement effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key West stake holders to maintain customer on time in full KPIs through the over sight of the MRP process ensuring the right controls are in place to prevent any production downtime while optimizing inventory levels.
- Understand market drivers, perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Lead the department to identify / procure and control raw material requirements consumed in the manufacture of finished product.
- In conjunction with global Category Managers lead the negotiation of the purchase of raw materials, packaged goods and capital procurement.
- Overall responsibility of supplier performance and management through collaboration with the Quality team.
- Lead and manage a high performing team to deliver the defined business goals & objectives.
- Identification and development of talent to include performance management and succession planning (in the West Talent Gateway).
- Coaching / development of the employees using development and retention plans as appropriate.
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
For further information on this Controls Technician role in Galway please contact Roisin on 086 2755151 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval