Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a manufacturing company in Westmeath is currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager for their site.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers through direct price negotiation and propose improvements with the global supplier base including local suppliers, to achieve competitive cost savings where possible
- Liaise with all internal functional departments to forecast plan for procurement based on customer demands, analyze commodity fluctuations and monitor supplier performance
- Sole responsibility for the purchasing and management of finished products and raw materials for the company. Including orders, schedules & deliveries in line with agreed service levels.
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date. Ensure upkeep & compliance to corporate policies & requirements.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities, engage with finance on preparing annual company budgets
- Engage with inventory control and to develop metrics for gauging inventory levels & needs.
- Management of delivery documentation and monitoring contractual agreements.
- Participate in and lead RFP /RFQ processes with suppliers as appropriate
- Participate in COGS reduction projects and preparing business cases to present to management
- Present KPI’s on a weekly/monthly basis to Senior Management
- Manage day to day purchasing activities team of buyer/planner reports.
- Flexibility around with working hours and travel.
- Motivated self starter with confidence to managing a 3rd party supplier is essential
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks
- Sense of urgency, Experience in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment.
- Effective change management capability
- Minimum 7 years experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/familiarity with contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
For further information on this Purchasing Manager role in Westmeath please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.