You will be a key contributor in implementing best in class purchasing and inventory control techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies, cost improvement activities, development of SAP Supply chain functionality.
- 10 years manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment with exposure to all Demand Management (DM), Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory control.
- Level 8 in a related discipline.
- Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
- Management & development of the purchasing team.
- Ensure effective inventory strategies & control in line with company targets.
- Champion continuous process improvement within the purchasing function. Keeps up to date on the latest tools and techniques.
- Develop policies, procedures, systems, and processes for the Purchasing area and ensure compliance with policies.
- Management of Raw Material Inventory strategies to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- Analysis, reporting & commit response to all backorders.
- Negotiation & presentation of plans with all levels of plant management. A strong communicator, focusing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
- Work with New Product Development teams to provide material in line with project goals/ schedules.
- Partner with Planning to develop a direct and indirect materials supply plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
- Analysis & maintenance of all inventory and purchasing related reports, files & documents including Plant & Product Performance.
- Support the Management & Leadership team in the preparation of ad-hoc summary analysis reports & presentations.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP supply chain functionality is essential.
- Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Financially and customer aware.
- Good communicator, team player, proactive and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative under minimal supervision.
For further information on this Purchasing Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/