Telephone: 086 7738651
Purchasing Project Co-Ordinator
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Project Co-Ordinator for their site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, develop and monitor the tracking and responses from suppliers as they pertain to the IVDR project. Provide regular updates and feedback to the IVDR project team. Develop reporting mechanisms for responses and templates for reporting of data to the team.
- Where required, ensure that contracts are in place and adequately protect the company.
- Managing the collation and submission of data towards ensuring the company fulfils its obligations towards the regulations.
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies to ensure continued supply of product to our customers. Work with other purchasers on the team to maintain this.
- Promote Continuous Improvement to ensure that the best solutions for the customer are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that changes to specifications are communicated and approved by suppliers in a timely fashion, and that these specifications are appropriate for use of the material
- Participate in quarterly supplier review meetings and ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations.
- Work closely with the quality team on impacts and procedural changes required as driven by the regulations
Change and New Product Management
- Work on the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level. Ensure that you follow the purchasing systems that are in place to bring new products into the company and work with other functions to implement changes to these processes as required by the regulations.
- A significant aspect of the job is determining and implementing logistical improvements within the business planning systems. While focussed on the Procurement function, developments will almost certainly require involvement throughout the breadth of the supply chain. The job holder will not only need to have a thorough understanding of the supply planning process but also the interdependencies of the extended supply chain (Customer Management, Demand Planning, Supplier Management, Production, Warehouse and Distribution).
- The jobholder will be required to represent the department on cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives.
- The Purchasing Specialist should be undertaking or be APICS/CIPS qualified or educated to degree level equivalent and have either several years’ relevant experience in a purchasing or purchasing related field such as supplier management or supplier risk.
- Knowledge of SAP integrated system is a must as it forms a major part of the supply chain.
- Experience of the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories globally is highly desirable
For further information on this Purchasing Project Co-Ordinator role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.