Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Purchasing PTM for their site.
What will I be doing
- As Member of the Project Team, Leads Sourcing Process from CAA preparation till completion of PQA steps and Project closure.
- Participates to Project Meeting and Activities (Project Kick Off, Sourcing Plan, Technical Steering Committee, Project Management Committee) and Supports project award during CAA for his/her own site.
- Supports Project Manager in Preparation of Sourcing Plan to define mutual PTM commitments and conditions to proceed with Pre-SoCo (RFQ), SoCo (Award) and SOP at required QCD conditions.
- Identifies Critical Parts as per CLEAN definitions and review contingency plan with related PTM (anticipated design Reviews, S-VRF, possible specification changes...). Request PM Arbitration when required.
- Involves Segment Leader (or Group Segment Director) in appropriate timing to share project constraints and propose sourcing strategy compliant with Group Segment Strategy
- Selects supplier bid-list based on Compliant Segment Panel and liaise with Project and Segment organisations to identify Bundle opportunities.
- Assess pre-selected suppliers risk impacts on the project related to Development or Production capacity, Technical or Quality capability, financial sustainability. Proposes with Project team & Commodity organisation mitigation plan and ensures it properly recorded in PuMa Pre-SoCo & SoCo pages.
- Proposes Lotting and RFP tactics and anticipate use of Auctions with the Project Team
- Co-ordinates S-VRF definition and plan Supplier Design reviews to: ensure Supplier full understanding, capture improvement proposals, obtain Supplier acceptance of Company Requirements, enhances competition at equivalent scope
- Install competition between suppliers bringing at least two suppliers at the same technical level and proceeds with all negotiations to ensure successful RFQ and/or auction process.
- Performs RFQ Process via PuMa & Auction (Live or Online)
- Leverages commodity organisation to reach pre-sourcing, sourcing decisions and meet project targets.
- Ensures timely sign off with the segments of all supplier contracts related the project (from development contracts to mass production)
- For global platforms assembled in multiple plants, coordinates with PG/PL PPD, Platform Lead buyer (when appointed) and other project buyers to ensure project will meet from SOP: (i) commodity strategy, (ii) localization needs of receiving plant, (iii) global leverage and securization of the supply base for the platform.
- Manages achievement of all project milestones related to suppliers and follows progress of PQA stages.
- Defines and controls communication flows and contents between project teams and suppliers. Ensures all necessary documentation (Project & Supplier) is properly stored in PuMa
- Makes the best possible use of all PuMa features and promote its usage among his project team.
- Pilot and forecast the project purchasing index and lead the productivity action plan (VP & PTBV) to reach CAA Targets.
- Ensures proper transfer to Serial Production including Productivity Actions yet to implement (PTBV).
- For advanced purchasing (P3/P2) : proposes and validate with commodity organisation pre-sourcing target suppliers manages all contractual aspects to protect company intellectual property and segment panel
What do I need
- Project Purchasing Index
- SoCo Metrics (Sourcing Ratio; LTA; Business Link)
- Project Milestones (PRAC, IS)
- Unqualified Initial Samples (UIS)
- Project inflation balance
- Project platform localisation rate (must be in line or better than OEM project currency pass through)
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering related field or equivalent.
- APICS Certification desired
- 3 - 5 Years' experience in purchasing
- High Level of Negotiation skills
- Technological knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Knowledge of Purchasing Tools desired - SAP / E-procurement
- Financial Awareness
For further information on this Purchasing PTM role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.