Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Specialist for their site on a 6 month contract.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for the selection, approval and management of vendors for the supply of goods and services for the company?s facilities.
- This position will be required to support in development and execution of local and global procurement strategies.
- The person in this position will also be required to develop and implement policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Purchasing area to ensure the fluent supply of materials and products.
- Procure materials and services to meet the company?s operational requirements, ensuring efficient and effective purchasing practices while optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and price for each material and service.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Selection, approval and management of vendors for the supply of goods and services for the company.
- Procure materials and services to meet the company?s operational requirements, ensuring efficient and effective purchasing practices, while optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and price for each material and service.
- Ensure continuity of supply of critical materials and services.
- Vendor schedule materials to meet plant operational requirements, while ensuring efficient and effective purchasing and inventory practices.
- Development and implementation of Vendor Contracts and Supply Agreements.
- Active participation in the company?s cost reduction programs and global procurement strategies.
- Preparation and execution of Purchasing Plans for supplies and services.
- Develop, maintain and publish information on supply chain management - Purchasing benchmark?s and KPI?s.
- Development and implementation of Business Planning and Control systems applications and processes.
- Efficient and effective use of Purchasing resources to deliver supply chain excellence across the organization.
Other Skills, Experience and Education
- Development of an efficient and effective Logistics - Purchasing organization.
- Engage with vendors in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Selection and integration of vendors to ensure a high level of supply chain management performance.
- Customer focused ensuring that customer requirements are clearly communicated within the organization.
- Results driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of operating capabilities.
- Facilitate an environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership and a clearly identifiable work ethos.
- Ensure goals and objectives are completed and reviewed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform at both a strategic and tactical levels within and across the organization.
- Ensure a high level of integrity and implementation of Credo-based actions.
- Minimum of 5 years? experience in a supply chain management - Purchasing environment.
- Experienced in global supply chain processes and ability to interact with senior levels within the organization.
- Experienced in the implementation, development and execution of business planning
- Experience in Purchasing in a pharmaceutical environment or in a process industry.
- Qualification in supply chain management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Ability of be able to collect, consolidate, analyse, summarize and report on large volumes of data.
- Application knowledge of business planning and control systems.
- Ability to be able to benchmark and continuously improves business planning and supply chain management processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to be able to operate in a collaborative and cross-functional organisation.
For further information on this Purchasing Specialist role in Limerick please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval