Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer for their site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and develop the supplier base through: relationship development, supplier selection, supply agreements (including price negotiation where applicable), with continued supplier monitoring and evaluation
- Where required, ensure that contracts are in place and adequately protect the company.
- Carry out the purchasing process (stock, non-stock items, capital equipment) on a daily basis. For some materials this will include the evaluation of MRP, for others, the planning team will provide requirements for orders to be placed against
- Managing the collation and submission of data towards ensuring the company fulfils its obligations towards the Packaging Waste Legislation.
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies to ensure continued supply of product to our customers.
- Promote Continuous Improvement to ensure that the best solutions for the customer are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that changes to specifications are communicated and approved by suppliers in a timely fashion, and that these specifications are appropriate for use of the material
- Participate in quarterly supplier review meetings and ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations.
- Work on the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level.
- Ensure that you follow the purchasing systems that are in place to bring new products into the company.
A significant aspect of the job is determining and implementing logistical improvements within the business planning systems. While focussed on the Procurement function, developments will almost certainly require involvement throughout the breadth of the supply chain. The job holder will not only need to have a thorough understanding of the supply planning process but also the interdependencies of the extended supply chain (Customer Management, Demand Planning, Supplier Management, Production, Warehouse and Distribution). The jobholder will be required to represent the department on cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives.
The jobholder should participate and contribute to the compilation of the Procurement Department budgets for inclusion in the Long Term Plan and Annual Estimate exercises.
Particulars Affecting the Job Holder
- The Buyer should be undertaking or be APICS/CIPS qualified or educated to degree level equivalent
- Have either several years? relevant experience in a purchasing, or purchasing related field.
- Knowledge of MRP II computer systems is preferable and in particular the SAP integrated system as it forms a major part of the supply chain.
- Experience of the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories global is highly desirable
For further information on this Buyer role in Galway please contact Aoife O?Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval