Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Team Lead for their site.
- Responsible for the Performance management of the team, ensuring that the `ON TRACC process is maintained, goals are set and that team members receive relevant and timely feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Organising the workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard.
- Responsible for the Induction and training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered, and measured.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes and implement IT/SAP functionality that will increase efficiencies to improve our customer?s experience.
- Establish KPI?s that delivers clear data on the performance of the Purchasing team. Actions coming from those KPI results are used to measurably improve our customers? experience.
- Maintain and grow personal knowledge and skills, technical and / or product knowledge.
- Develop and maintain areas of expertise in product specialisms required for the role; sharing and expanding knowledge within the Purchasing team.
- Ensure training policy, procedures and activities support QMS requirements in accordance with ISO13485.
- Keep appropriate records of all training activities and ensure such records meet and exceed the QMS requirements.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Carry out the purchasing process (stock, non-stock items, capital equipment) on a daily basis. For some materials this will include the evaluation of MRP, whilst others will be purchase to order followed by forecasting analysis
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies to ensure continued supply of product to our customers. Work as part of a team to promote Continuous Improvement to ensure that the best solutions for the customer are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain the supplier base through: relationship development, supply agreements (including price negotiation where applicable), with continued supplier monitoring and evaluation
- Where required, ensure that contracts are in place and adequately protect the company.
- Collate and submit data packaging waste data ensuring the company fulfils its legal obligations (Packaging Waste Legislation).
- Ensure that changes to specifications are communicated and approved by suppliers in a timely fashion, and that these specifications are appropriate for use of the material.
- Participate in quarterly supplier review meetings and ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations.
Change and New Product Management
Participate in the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level. Ensure that you follow the purchasing systems that are in place to bring new products into the company.
- A significant aspect of the job is focused on working with the team to develop the procurement function; developments will almost certainly require involvement throughout the breadth of the supply chain.
- The job holder will gain an understanding of the supply planning process but also the interdependencies of the extended supply chain (Customer Management, Demand Planning, Supplier Management, Production, Warehouse, Inventory and Distribution).
- The jobholder will be contribute to cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives.
The jobholder should participate and contribute to the compilation of the Procurement Department budgets for inclusion in the Long Term Plan and Annual Estimate exercises.
- Minimum 5 years? experience managing Purchasing teams
- Demonstrated success in managing and coordinating a multi-skilled team in performance and productivity.
- A proven record of delivering exceptional Supply Chain service.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with shifting priorities.
- Strong record of developing and implementing procedures.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please note Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.