Q&R Project Engineer (12 months contract)
To provide support to the Q&R Lead to manage Q&R projects to completion within specified timeframes and support Q&R Engineers in resolving product reliability issues, making design changes and managing test series.
1. Manage Q&R Projects
2. Mentor Q&R Engineers to achieve the following:
Resolve product reliability issues
- Participate in, and lead, teams to resolve mechanical and electromechanical product reliability issues.
- Apply systematic problem solving skills to define issues, identify root causes, develop, qualify, and implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Drive project direction based on gathered data.
Manage test series
- Develop test plans (for components, sub-systems, and systems) for reliability, durability, performance, and safety.
- Design, plan, and execute investigative and verification tests.
- Analyze, condense, and present test data/results.
Implement design changes
- Conduct technical designs reviews.
- Execute engineering change orders.
- Communicate design changes with 3D models, engineering drawings, specification changes, and bill of material changes.
- Maintain orderly project records. Know, document, and communicate project status as required both verbally and in written form.
- Plan and co-coordinate timely integration of corrective actions.
- Drive project execution.
COMPETENCIES / Minimum Requirements
- Familiar with formal problem resolution techniques / practices (e.g. CAP / 6 sigma / DMAIC, etc).
- Has track record of solving product failure issues on mechanical and electromechanical components, sub-systems, and systems.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience with industrial equipment would be an advantage.
- Can design, prototype, and test potential solutions.
- Has a track record of finishing off projects (i.e. is a closer).
- Can work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands the role of other functional areas (i.e. test department, production, supply management, material planners) and can work well with these departments to get projects implemented.
- Can develop a test plan and an implementation plan.
- Can schedule plans and control projects to a schedule.
- Can lead a small cross-functional project team.
- Can lead design reviews.
- Shows awareness of overall project status and obstacles to progress.
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical information to others, both verbally and through documentation.
- Comfortable presenting information to groups.
For further information please contact Aga Nowosad-Kelly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.