Our client in Galway are currently looking to recruit a QA Engineer for their site
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform QA Engineering tasks and to ensure that the department consistently meets both client and internal stakeholder?s expectations by providing exceptional service, quality and value.
The QA Engineer will focus on providing testing services for both software localization projects and technology solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All tasks associated with software testing for external Localization and internal projects including writing QA plan, test cases, executing test cases, bug management etc. This includes supporting engineering partners with any QA specific issues e.g. assigning clear work instructions and giving estimated time to be spent on the associated task and in addition supporting the language testers on any issues that arise during testing.
- Communicate with the wider team and Project Manager throughout the duration of the projects in a timely manner and update them on the exact status of production.
- Work with Business Analysts to drive the creation of appropriate test plans, test cases and test results for all internal developed solutions.
- Actively monitor actual time spent on projects versus estimated time; highlighting potential overruns to QA Lead and Project Manager.
- Suggest, investigate and where possible implement continuous improvement initiatives to resolve problems, improve processes and meet or exceed the technical needs of clients, partners and teams. This requires consistent review all QA engineering processes to ensure that we are using the most efficient processes, methodologies and tools for each job.
- Execute QA test automation solutions (e.g. QTP) to bring efficiencies, savings and consistency to the internal QA test effort on internal developed solutions.
- Troubleshoot, investigate and resolve technical issues related to QA test work ensuring all issues are recorded, undergo a root cause analysis and have documented corrective actions.
- Execute and provide feedback into the QA test methodology and ISO standards for internal tools and applications ensuring external clients and auditors expectations are met or exceeded. Update and maintain all ISO procedures, work instructions and check lists in relation to the QA engineering functions.
- Work with Pricing Manager or PM?s on QA test estimates for quotes for new clients/projects.
- Execute test lab maintenance tasks, update inventory of the machines and appliances, ensure that the equipment is functioning, updating and maintaining the localised image library etc. Prepare test beds for testers, setting up desktops, installing builds etc.
- Ensure highest quality level of testing by applying a strict quality control process for all jobs.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years post qualification Software Testing/QA engineering experience, ideally with a software publisher or localization vendor.
- An IT or Computer-related qualification and extensive computing experience.
- Internationalization experience would be an advantage, as well as knowledge of encoding, character sets, Unicode, UTF-8.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and MAC Operating Systems required.
- Understanding of Translation/Localisation industry with localization testing experience an advantage
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive and deadline driven work environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise tasks while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Automation tool e.g. QTP an advantage.
- Detail orientated.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing work environment.
- Ability to work productively in a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
For further information on this QA Engineer role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval