Telephone: 086 1070950
QA Test Engineer
Our client, an IT company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an QA Test Engineer for their site.
The successful candidate will Contribute to the overall quality assurance and testing effort on products including telematics hardware and firmware, enterprise software solutions and mobile applications.
Duties & Responsibilities as a QA Test Engineer:
- Become expert in products being tested
- Engage in requirements analysis and develop test plans for new projects and updates
- Work with development team to clearly understand requirements and test data needs
- Actively contribute to the refining of user stories for sprint planning
- Collaborate with project team to estimate test effort
- Develop test cases and perform manual testing in Agile environment
- Create comprehensive bug reports
- Record test results and verify bug fixes
- Design and run automated test cases
- Participate in Agile/Scrum development environment
- Reporting of test coverage and progress against associated project test plans
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Engineering
- 2-3 years experience with Web based software testing or firmware testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA processes, tools and methodologies.
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills.
- Good test software development skills.
- Familiarity with languages such as SQL, Java, Python, HTML5, php are desirable.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin would be desirable.
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM software development practices and tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Experience of defect tracking systems e.g.Trac, Bugzilla, Test Director, Testtopia.
- Proficiency in SQL, Ms-Word and Excel.
For further information on this QA Test Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.