Telephone: 086 1070950
QA Test Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a QA Test Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become expert in products being tested
- Engage in requirements analysis and develop test plans for new projects and updates
- Work with development team to clearly understand requirements and test data needs
- Actively contribute to the refining of user stories for sprint planning
- Collaborate with project team to estimate test effort
- Develop test cases and perform manual testing in Agile environment
- Create comprehensive bug reports
- Record test results and verify bug fixes
- Design and run automated test cases
- Participate in Agile/Scrum development environment
- Reporting of test coverage and progress against associated project test plans
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience with Web based software testing or firmware testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA processes, tools and methodologies.
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills.
- Good test software development skills.
- Familiarity with languages such as SQL, Java, Python, HTML5, php are desirable.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin would be desirable.
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM software development practices and tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Experience of defect tracking systems e.g.Trac, Bugzilla, Test Director, Testtopia.
- Proficiency in SQL, Ms-Word and Excel.
For further information on this QA Test Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.