Telephone: 086 8395531
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a QC Analyst for their site.
- This position is responsible for carrying out tasks and projects related to equipment, lab utilities and testing procedures as required by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). Partners with other Departments to ensure that all QC testing activities are completed in an efficient manner.
Key point to note:
- Key analytical technique required: HPLC
- Other desirable techniques: A280 and Nephelometry testing, residual protein assay, TOC analysis
- Achieves competency in laboratory methods and procedures.
- Trains other QC analysts in laboratory methods and procedures when required.
- Performs analytical testing activities in relation to method validation and technical transfer activities to ensure that all methods meet ICH, USP and EP guidelines.
- Executes validation, operation, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of equipment and its associated software.
- Writes, executes, reports and reviews IQ/OQ and PQ protocols to ensure that all relevant equipment is qualified for cGMP use.
- Performs routine and non-routine analytical testing activities.
- Review and approval (where appropriate) of laboratory test results.
- Ensures that testing and results approval are completed within agreed turnaround times.
- Writes and reviews laboratory TMs, SOPs and WIs as directed by company policy.
- Ensures QC activities are carried out in compliance with product license commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
- Is an active member of the QC group and provide assistance with other group activities as required and communicates relevant issues to the QC Team Leader and Manager.
- Deals with non-conformances/ deviations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Deputizes for the QC Team Leader as appropriate.
- Maintains and develops knowledge of analytical technology as well as cGMP standards.
- In process control testing and activities to support the production units.
Qualifications and experience
- A third level qualification of a scientific/technical discipline is required.
- Knowledgeable of FDA/EMEA regulatory requirements applicable to biologics and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Builds strong productive relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
- Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
- Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
- Uses best practices to improve business operations
- Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
- Effectively manages and adapts to change
- Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others
- Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas.
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents and ideas
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Treats people with dignity and respect
Significant Environmental, Health and Safety Considerations
- All employees are required to comply with the requirements of the company’s Environmental Health and Safety Policy, Safety
- Statement, associated EHS Procedures and local legislation.
- Take reasonable care to protect his or her own and the safety of their colleagues who may be affected by their actions.
- Comply with EHS rules and procedures always.
- Understand the potential EHS impact of their activities
- Attend and participate in EHS training as required
- Use PPE and safety equipment as required.
- Report all incidents, accidents, and near miss events.
- Report unsafe plant, equipment, acts, procedures or issues
- Make suggestions to improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Actively participate in work area EHS teams.
- Not turn a ‘blind eye’ to unsafe acts or situations
For further information on this QC Analyst role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.