Telephone: 086 8395531
QC Analyst – Microbiology
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a QC Analyst – Microbiology for their site.
General Scope of Responsibilities:
- Achieves a high level of competency in laboratory methods and procedures to support raw material, utility, in process, release and stability testing of biotechnology products.
- Performs routine and non-routine Microbiological and or Biochemical/Chemical testing activities as required.
- Ensures that all testing is completed, reviewed and approved within agreed turnaround times.
- Ensures QC activities are carried out in compliance with product license commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
- Trains other QC analysts and Manufacturing personnel in laboratory methods and procedures when required.
- Writes/updates and reviews TMs, SOPs and WIs as required.
- Writes and reviews invalid assays, non-conformances and deviations as required.
- Initiates and drives change controls to completion to implement process improvements.
- Actively participates in JBIL lean initiatives such as Kaizen, 5S and Gemba.
- Is an active member of the QC group and provide assistance with other group activities as required.
- Communicates relevant issues to the QC Team Leader promptly.
Specific Testing Experience Required
- Initiation and Maintenance of Mammalian Cell Lines
- Cell Culture Based Bioactivity Testing
- ELIZA Testing
- qPCR Testing
- Environmental Monitoring
- Microbial Identification
Other Responsibilities / Detailed Duties May Apply:
- Deputises for the QC Team Leader as appropriate.
- Maintains and develops knowledge of analytical technology as well as cGMP standards.
- Partners with other departments to ensure that all QC testing activities are completed in a compliant and efficient manner
Key Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of LIMS, Track wise and Electronic documentations systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as word, excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working in a high throughput laboratory environment
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Adaptable and flexible
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc (Honours) in a scientific/technical discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a QC laboratory-testing environment within the biological and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and testing experience in an FDA/HPRA approved QC laboratory
For further information on this QC Analyst – Microbiology role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.