QC Lab Supervisor
Job ID: JOB-11654
QC Lab Supervisor
My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Cork is recruiting for a QC Lab Supervisor on a permanent basis.
You’ll be responsible to supervise the analysis of raw materials, bulk products and finished products in compliance with current quality criteria, respecting deadlines and managing costs. Lead and coordinate the activity of technicians. Follow up the evolution of analysis techniques and instrumentation (Technological intelligence). To ensure the required and initial training of Quality Control department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need. As required manage QC projects and delegate for QC Manager as required. You’ll be reporting to the Quality Laboratory Manager.
- Allocating the work of the department to the QC staff to ensure schedule adherence.
- Supervising the work performed in the QC department.
- Participating in the recruitment of new employees.
- Performing Annual Appraisals of QC staff.
- Delegation for the QC Manager as required.
- Control the products (raw materials, intermediates and finished products) by following procedures (general, specific, of analysis and use, and qualification of equipment) so as to meet schedule.
- Organise laboratory activity by coordinating the action of people management, depending on demands of planning
- Preserve and improve the capacity by ensuring that preventive and repair maintenance and material qualifications are carried out, plan the needs of instruments by maintaining permanent technical and technological intelligence
- Review analytical data and approve and release material as defined in relevant procedures.
- Organise necessary validations in compliance with national and international requirements.
- Coordinate and manage equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Run the service, defining investment and operating budgets, ordering and supervising expenditure.
- Maintaining an awareness of technical developments in instrumentation analysis.
- By performing investigations, and ensuring a follow-up, following anomalies, failures and external complaints.
- Ensuring corrective actions are implemented.
- Implement and manage change control systems to QC activities. Assessment of changes for impact and develop action plans as part of team.
- Participate in the generation of initiatives and action plans for the development of QC and improvement of compliancy and efficiencies.
- Participate in the achievement of QC objectives and development plans.
- Participating and follow-up the audits and/or inspections carried out at the site by the authorities or clients
- By preparing and reviewing QC department reports and metrics e.g. monthly quality report, analysis trending reports, exceptions reports, KPI reports etc.
- By reporting and communication to senior management on key events and issues etc. via normal in house reporting structure e.g. meetings, formal reports etc.
- Develop technical specifications and project justifications as required.
- Establish project schedule and key milestones.
- Manage schedule deployment and meet targets of budget and schedule
- Primary degree in analytical science or in equivalent science based discipline
- 3-5years experience in quality control supervision in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Good working knowledge of current FLI manufacturing processes and practices.
- Experience of using ERP computerised solution is essential.
- Knowledge of QC regulations
- Knowledge of European and FDA regulations
- Analytical methods and auditing
- Project management, Knowledge of the group organization and procedures. Good PC skills and use of MS Word and Excel.
- Essential: providing direction, motivating others, management control, concern for excellence.
For more information on this role in Cork please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…