Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a QC Microbiology Supervisor for their site.
- Supervision and co-ordination of Quality Microbiology laboratory and personnel activities and to ensure the timely and efficient testing and reporting of QC samples.
- Co-ordination of area resources.
- Supervision of area personnel.
- Training of area personnel.
- Participate in corporate/regulatory audits.
- Delivery of area performance to meet or exceed performance or quality goals. Contribute to site
- management operational and strategic initiatives.
- Liaising with external vendors.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP and other business compliance regulations.
- Lead, promote, participate and supervise the implementation and maintenance of the EHS programmes relevant to you.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up CAPA’s assigned to you.
- Monitor the EHS performance in your department.
- Participate and Comply with the Manufacturing Division Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying MSD Six Sigma tools.
- Develop an effective, focused and strong team by understanding: their abilities, unique contribution and broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements.
- Provide your team with the tools and development opportunities (including educational assistance, job rotation, cross-functional training, Six Sigma) to make them successful.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, etc)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in operations environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science/Quality/Technical). Masters preferred.
- Project Management qualification such as, Project Management Professional.
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Leadership skills.
- Technical knowledge.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills.
For further information on this QC Microbiology Supervisor role in Cork please contact Orla Crowley Healy on 086 80449473/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.