Our client, a packaging company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Quality, H&S and Environment Engineer for their Site
The QHSE Officer is responsible for all Quality, Health & Safety and Environment systems and their implementation. The QHSE Officer will have complete ownership of the QEMS and form part of the H&S Committee.
This role will report to the Operations Manager.
- Manage and coordinate all elements of the Quality, Environmental and H&S systems
- Maintain current and future accreditations and certifications.
- Host and perform audits
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement of the QEMS and H&S System.
- Responsible for Quality, H&S and Environmental training.
- Complete and submit various Reports to SK Group e.g. Sustainability, repak, H&S stats etc.
- Manage ERP transactions i.e. returns from customers, and returns to suppliers etc
- Track all SCARs if and when they arise and follow up with Suppliers.
- Point of contact for all customer queries/requests related to Quality & Environment.
- Change notifications to customers.
- Quality Control within the manufacturing process.
- Inspection of outgoing product and associated paperwork and Provide COC’s to specific customers.
- Tracking daily production rejects and defective material from supplier.
- Customer and supplier visits (Meetings, Complaint Investigation, Inspection
The Ideal Candidate:
- BSc, BEng and /or relevant experience
- Capable of taking a hands on approach in a live Operational environment.
- Interact well with cross functional departments within the business
- Competent in ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000 standards.
- You must be an excellent communicator and able to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent verbal skills are essential as you will be expected to participate in the devising, supervision and delivery of training programmes.
- You will be expected to be able operate Microsoft Windows applications
- You will be the company’s representative at external
For further information on this QHSE Officer role in Galway please contact Orla on 086 0449473/ Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.