Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Senior Software Tester for its IT division based in Galway.
The Senior Software Tester will be responsible for maintaining high level project test scheduling for all test projects (tax free, POS and payments). The senior software tester will also be involved in the test planning, testing and test reporting of tax free applications. This will involve verifying that the application meets the requirements for our range of solutions including our web based, mobile & server solutions. The role will support the Quality Assurance Manager in scheduling of projects and resources, developing and implementing effective and efficient QA process and provide test advice and guidance to other members of the test team.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA?S)
- The Senior Software Tester will be responsible for maintaining high level project test scheduling for all test projects (tax free, POS and payments), ensuring that all assigned resources within the IT QA team are fully and efficiently assigned to project work and not over-allocated. Such scheduling will ensure a detailed view of project test resources and their allocation for up to 3 months.
- Work with project managers and stakeholders to understand system requirements & end to end flows
- Develop test strategies and plans; create test cases (manual) and where appropriate test scripts for automated testing and ensuring that these meet the needs and goals of projects
- Support the Quality Assurance manager in aspects of test process improvement
- Assist in developing and maintaining optimal QA process driven by KPIs and supported by our range of QA tools
- Work with colleagues in the test team to ensure that Quality Assurance processes are developed and maintained
- Provide regular status and progress report, and exit report for tested applications to project stakeholders
Knowledge & Experience
- Direct experience of estimating effort, and maintaining resource and effort based test schedules
- 4+ years of direct QA Engineer / software tester experience in web application, web services and relational database and system integration (financial) applications would be ideal)
- Ability to take ownership of tasks & projects to deliver highest quality test service
- Ability helping other team members to deliver to a high quality standard
- Experience in writing & executing project test plans and test cases based on business requirements
- Good working knowledge of QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), preferably in business, IT or finance.
- Preferably ISTQB / ISEB (foundation) qualified
- Logical & structured approach to test planning, execution and reporting
- Test automation experience a definite asset (desirable)
- Ability to manage workload and to work to deadlines
- Good problem solving & analytical capabilities to identify and diagnose problems
- Ability to work in a team environment and show initiative
- Well-developed written and verbal reporting / communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Driven by quality considerations
- Team player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
- Able to work on own initiative
For further information on this Quality Assurance Senior Software Tester role in Galway please contact Carmel Holmes on 021206287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval