Telephone: 021 2066287
Quality Control Analyst
Who are the client
Our client is a Cork based expanding pharmaceutical company and are seeking a QC Analyst on an initial 6 month contract with a view to extension.
You will be responsible for the Physical-chemical control of raw materials and packaging materials,
Physical-chemical control of bulk and finished product and the Physical-Chemical control of utilities.
Why apply for this role
- Rapidly expanding company
- Excellent training and benefits
- Good work life balance and great working environment
What will I be doing
- Analysis of materials:
- Execute analysis of raw materials, in-process material, and finished product in compliance with schedule.
- Complete analysis in accordance with SOP and standard methods.
- Calculation of results and reporting of data, including trend analysis as required.
- Execute analysis of water, cleaning samples etc as required.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities for QC systems:
- Execute calibrations and PM of equipment as required to ensure equipment is appropriate for use for analysis.
- Co-ordinate maintenance schedules with external suppliers to ensure compliance with schedule and in house procedures.
- Preparation of all solutions, reagents etc. associated with analysis.
- Execute stock control on laboratory consumables including reagents, solvents to ensure there is adequate supply to execute tasks.
- Complete purchase orders as required and manage materials on receipt.
- Participate in the preparation of QC documents including SOPs, specifications, methods.
- Participate in training and development activities to ensure that new technologies are applied and that skill level is developed.
- Execute validation studies and transfer studies to ensure equipment, methods and personnel are appropriately qualified.
- Participation in QC and site projects by representing QC so as to provide an appropriate service to other departments.
Meet the quality and safety standards:
- Ensure QC activities are executed in line in in-house procedures and in compliance with requirements of cGMP. Ensure QC activities are executed in line with safety requirements and good laboratory practice.
- Keep work area clean and tidy.
- Keep up to date on regulatory development and standards by accessing in house library, accessing current Pharmacopoeias etc.
- Participation in investigations into failures, out of trends and out of specifications as required.
Reporting and communication:
- By reporting and communication to QC supervisor and or manager in timely fashion any events or incidents.
- By participation in preparation of QC reports.
- By completing checking of data to ensure accuracy and compliance.
What Do I Need
- Third level degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment and direct experience of HPLC analysis would be an advantage Good IT and analytical skills are required
- Good team player and being able to work on own initiative
- Efficient, flexible and dynamic
For further information on this Finance Analyst role in Tipperary please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval