The purpose of the Quality Control Engineer within our T&D Division is to provide support in Technical Training, Audit and Inspection functions on a monthly basis to our existing project teams. To provide technical advice and consultation of quality-related aspects of the Specification(s) and to meet regulatory requirements.
- Carry out and report on project quality audits for compliance with workmanship standards, procedures and process flowcharts.
- Facilitate quality training including induction and refresher training.
- Focussed auditing on key quality topics as defined from time to time.
- Liaise with QA Advisor in the development and maintenance of the QMS. Confirm fitness for purpose of QMS processes and procedures in relation to T&D work – propose amendments where necessary.
- Creation of Quality Plans for projects.
- Coordination and delivery of quality toolbox talks and other communications (e.g. Quality Alerts).
- Audit application of ESSW, LOTO and HV Safety Rules on site.
- Audit project file index system online and on site.
- Develop, with Operations and Senior Management, Critical to Quality (CTQ) documentation to minimise the risk to business arising from defined critical activities.
- Co-ordinate and manage operations, engineering and procurement reviews of non-conformances (NCRs) to close out and report internally.
- Where relevant, review technical submittals / calibration certificates on file.
- Participate in FATs and SATs, where applicable.
- Report on and review defects / punch-lists across projects, reporting on close-out performance and identifying emerging trends.
- Support on CompEx (Atex) requirements, per project.
- Input into ITPs (Inspection & Test Plans), to ensure quality standards are met.
- Review manufacturing recommendations and advise operations, engineering functions as required.
- Assist in ‘early catch’ for incorrect material purchase/installation therefore reducing the risk of potential reworks and additional costs.
- Support Lessons Learnt process.
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Strong Trades background
- RECI / NICEIC certification for LV testing i.e. < 1,000Va.c. (ET101 & BS7671) is desirable.
- Experience completing and reporting on Quality Audits
- Previous Handover/Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
- Technical knowledge and experience on Medium Voltage Switchgear (MV), systems and associated equipment is critical to this role
- Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Knowledge of various software platforms.
- Previous experience of quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001, Q-Mark etc
- Ability to understand & interpret Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- City & Guilds Electrical Inspection & Testing trained.
For further information on this Quality Control Engineer role in Dublin please contact Orla Crowley on 086 0449473 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.