Quality Assurance Engineer
- Are you a QE with experience in a large manufacturing company? I have a job available for a 12 month contract in a MNC in Galway. You will have responsibility for the daily Quality control of the manufacturing Production line in Galway to ensure robust quality is maintained.
- This role will involve driving Corrective and Preventive Action Projects by working closely with Production Flow Cell Leaders, Training Instructors, R&D, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality and Manufacturing Quality Engineers. This role will also be heavily involved in controlling Production Process KPIs to ensure that product is meeting design requirements and associated metrics. This position will report to the Galway Quality Manager.
- Key Responsibilities of the Quality job:
- Co-ordinate the continuous development of the product Line and across the site
- Manage the Corrective Action projects to ensure they are getting closed in a timely manner.
- Feedback performance at various stages of the process, to suppliers, design team, quality team, and the operations team, that leads to behavioural changes as well as performance improvements when required.
- Monitor warranty claims to identify and resolve Customer issues promptly.
- Record and analyse production data for problem break-down and analysis.
- Be involved in internal audit activities, promote improvements in overall business processes and champion corrective action programs.
- Participate with and support plant Teams, raising issues of concern, working with the teams to resolve and improve performance.
- Develop and implement systems to analyse and solve problems, carry out full analyses and act decisively. See situations and problems through the eyes of the customer.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of engineering processes, and use this knowledge in decision making, coordinating the improvement process, and meeting customer requirements
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Engineering/Science with a minimum of 2/3 years in Quality within a manufacturing environment.
- Preferable Six Sigma Qualification and high competence in data analysis and LEAN manufacturing.
- Demonstrates sound Product and Process knowledge, with experience in Quality Assurance Techniques, principles and practices.
- Hands on approach to Problem Solving. Anticipates process breakdowns and proactively implements appropriate corrective actions. Creatively and collaboratively solves Quality problems. Trouble shoots quickly and acts in the face of uncertainty or with difficult choices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills - operating in a production environment across all functions.
- Possess good organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
For further information on this Quality Assurance Engineer Job in Galway please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091 730022/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval