Quality Engineer Cork
Our client, a leading medical device manufacturer in Munster requires an experienced QE for a 12 month contract. This position is located in Cork and the successful candidate will be responsible to provide expert QA support to Operations, in ensuring operational goals and objectives are achieved for the plant.
- Supervision of Quality Technicians.
- Drive and implement process improvements to ensure predictable processes across all product lines (e.g. Risk Reduction, Yield improvements, Customer complaint reduction, Error proofing, Cost Reduction initiatives, Process Automation activities)
- Provide effective and responsive QA support to Operations to meet their area's objectives of quality, cost and output.
- Ensure all process variables and their interactions are adequately defined. Ensure all failure modes in process have been identified and addressed. (e.g. Use of DOE studies, FMEA's)
- Drive and implement plant wide quality system improvements.
- Ensure Regulatory compliance in area of responsibility to cGMP's of all medical device regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA and TUV)
- Provide functional expertise to other support functions on quality related issues (e.g. regulatory requirements, statistical techniques, sampling principles).
- Identification and implementation of appropriate statistical techniques to monitor process performance (e.g. SPC, CpK analysis, sampling techniques)
- Approval of change requests for product, process and quality system changes.
- Customer complaints and perform internal quality audits.
- Support the implementation of Lean Manufacturing across the site.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Level 8 BSC/BEng degree and Minimum of 2/3 years' experience in a QA role.
- Knowledge of GMP regulated environment and experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good level of technical and analytical expertise to assist in problem solving
- Experience in process improvement methodologies an advantage.(Engineering Essentials TM)
If you're free for a quick chat to find out more about this Quality Engineer job or any other Quality Engineering jobs then please call me on my mobile 0868395533.
If you can't talk during the day, please text me and I can ring you at a time that suits.
I look forward to hearing from you, Cliona O Malley - Recruitment Consultant Life Sciences Division with HERO Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval