Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer for their site.
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for the daily Quality control of the Truck Production line in Galway to ensure robust quality is maintained. This role will involve driving Corrective and Preventive Action Projects by working closely with Production Flow Cell Leaders, Training Instructors, R&D, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality and Manufacturing Quality Engineers. This role will also be heavily involved in controlling Production Process KPIs to ensure that product is meeting design requirements and associated ICQ metrics. This position will report to the Galway Quality Manager.
- Co-ordinate the continuous development of the truck product Line.
- Management of associated metrics.
- Manage the Corrective Action projects to ensure they are getting closed in a timely manner.
- Feedback performance at various stages of the process, to suppliers, design team, quality team, and the operations team, that leads to behavioural changes as well as performance improvements when required. Monitor Production Control Plans and carry out Preventive Action to avoid product issues.
- Monitor A&B warranty claims to identify and resolve Customer issues promptly.
- Record and analyse production data for problem break-down and analysis.
- Record and Report daily issues during Genba walks
- Maintain accurate records of actions taken around Corrective Action project activities to support Engineering projects.
- Implement Continuous Improvement actions to improve work processes across Sites.
- Be involved in internal audit activities, promote improvements in overall business processes and champion corrective action programs.
- Participate with and support plant Teams, raising issues of concern, working with the teams to resolve and improve performance.
- Develop and implement systems to analyse and solve problems, carry out full analyses and act decisively. See situations and problems through the eyes of the customer.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of engineering and management processes, and use this knowledge in decision ma- king, coordinating the improvement process, and meeting customer requirements
- Degree in Engineering/Science with a minimum of 5 years in Quality within a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Qualification and high competence in data analysis and LEAN manufacturing. Green Belt qualification desirable.
- Qualified and experienced Internal/Lead Auditor.
- Demonstrates sound Product and Process knowledge, with experience in Quality Assurance Techniques, principles and practices.
- Hands on approach to Problem Solving. Anticipates process breakdowns and proactively implements appropriate corrective actions. Creatively and collaboratively solves Quality problems. Trouble shoots quickly and acts in the face of uncertainty or with difficult choices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills - operating in a production environment across all functions.
- Possess good organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Identifies assembly vulnerabilities, pinpoints critical implications, and allocates resources to minimise risk of inferior quality or line stoppages.
- Responds enthusiastically and with a great sense of urgency to customer requests and requirements.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval