Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer for their site.
The Quality Engineer is a member of the Operations Quality group.
S/he is responsible for Operations Quality within their prescribed area of functional responsibility.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to maintain high quality / performance standards on all products.
Reporting to the Operations Quality Manager,
Key Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide quality input and support to the manufacturing, engineering, prototype and commercial functions.
- coordinate preparing & on-going maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans.
- Investigating root cause of quality issues and following through with timely and effective corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence for customer and internal issues.
- Have a good working knowledge of ISO/FDA/MDD and other Product Development related regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of standard metrology good practice.
- Quality review of functional area validation documentation.
- Performing and supporting internal and external audits to ISO and FDA requirements.
- Performing an active role in further development and continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Support Operations area projects and initiatives i.e. Kaizen, CFPS etc.
- Degree in Science / Engineering or related fields essential.
- Minimum of 5yrs industry experience in a medical device-manufacturing environment.
- Clear understanding medical device quality systems and requirements, including measurement techniques, would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong CAPA experience.
- Strong root cause analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of FDA and ISO Quality systems for Medical device company’s desirable.
- New product introduction and manufacturing process transfer experience desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative essential.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
For further information on Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla Crowley Healy on 086 0449473 /Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.