Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a value stream Quality Assurance / QA Engineer for their site.
The role of Value Stream QA Engineer will be required to manage process quality, product quality, data collection and analysis, and the driving of continuous improvements in accordance with the principles of Lean/Six Sigma.
- Responsible for Process and Product quality in the secondary operations value stream, covering HT/Plating/Inspection/Packing processes.
- Determine data collection requirements and methodologies to support data driven decision making.
- Implement best practice processes for manufacturing quality product.
- Analyse collected data and provide quality information to all departments who require it.
- Provide leadership and technical knowledge to the assigned areas on the implementation of the QMS in accordance with the requirements of IATF16949:2016.
- Lead risk analysis activities within the value stream
- Maintain and report appropriate Quality performance metrics on a Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis.
- Identify and lead cross-functional continual improvement projects to improve quality performance across the business
- Support other cross-functional continual improvement projects as required.
- Communication of quality issues to relevant personnel.
- Lead root cause analysis of internal and supplier non-conformances using structured problem solving methods.
- Lead CAPA activities in assigned areas.
- Lead Validation activities in assigned areas.
- Conduct internal QMS audits as required.
- Management of quality documentation.
- Promote a culture that fosters employee involvement, team work, and the understanding that quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Design and implement MSA studies in value stream
- Any other duties as defined to meet business requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Quality discipline.
- Experience working in a QA function is required, preferably in a high volume automotive environment.
- Computer skills are required, particularly the ability to use spreadsheets and databases; ability to use presentations (i.e. MS PowerPoint) is also required.
- Ability to work on projects with personnel at all levels of the organisation and to lead personnel on other projects as required.
- Lean / Six Sigma Qualification to Green Belt level would be an advantage.
- Ability to learn and communicate new methodologies.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.