Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer for their site.
The position will collaborate closely with engineering and science disciplines as well as functional groups such as marketing, technical service, operations, and as necessary, external OEM organisations to understand, document and deliver solutions for customers. Commencing with an in-depth knowledge of the user needs, this role entails utilising your thorough understanding of system design and system integration tools and methodologies to connect pieces across these functional elements.
The Systems Engineer ensures product requirements are defined, maintained and the subsystem functional design teams deliver to those requirements. At the system level the successful candidate leads system development by planning and executing system integration and characterisation activities ensuring efficient verification, validation and design transfer for products that have both life science/chemistry and instrumentation/engineering components.
- Responsible for management of product requirements and high-level design specifications including integration plans of modules and components into a complete system
- Responsible to lead Product engineering projects and manage the entire change control process.
- Contributes to product conceptualization and develops work plans to reduce concepts to design.
- Exercises strong Communication and Leadership skills to collaborate with company worldwide teams, including company external partners.
- Assumes a technical contributor or lead role and works closely with other functional groups, especially assay development and hardware/software engineering.
- Leads product design and development and demonstrates an ability to characterise system and subsystem performance
- Accountable for generating development schedule for integration activity on instrumented systems
- Accountable for planning and completion of system verification and validation activities
- Independently evaluates problems of significant complexity and applies analytical/scientific principles to fulfil project and business objectives
- Participates in Extended or Core Team Membership of instrumented system projects
- Applies problem-solving skills to novel or complex applications and will serve as a key resource to examine, troubleshoot and resolve systems behaviour issues for new technologies and existing products.
- Ability to perform or lead various analyses of automated systems including timing studies, control systems, queue modelling, and critical parameter identification and management.
- Acts independently within team expectations, provides guidance, training and direction of work assignments to less experienced team members; consults with functional leadership to identify associates to complete tasks under his/her accountability while balancing a high level of autonomy in daily activities.
- Responsible for implementation of DFSS and technology development practices
- Contributes to the transition from R&D to manufacturing and to system troubleshooting activities for products in the field
The Ideal candidate
- Minimum level 8 degree
- proven experience working in a Systems Engineering position.
- The successful candidate will have a background in either Electronics or Software Engineering and experience in requirements gathering / management and risk management.
- Experience working with Medical Device instruments and project management methodologies are an advantage.
For further information on this Senior Systems Engineer role in Limerick please contact Orla on 086 0449473/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval