Our client, a global leader in medical devices is recruiting for a Quality Engineer for their site in Galway. For a 12-month nightshift contract hours Sunday to Thursday.
- May include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
- Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. May have some involvement in cross functional assignments.
- Problems and issues faced are general and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex.
- Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts.
- External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature.
- Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making.
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in Science/Engineering or related Discipline. Requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
For further information on this Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla Crowley on 0860449473/ Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.