Our client, a leading Electronics Manufacturer are recruiting for a Quality Engineer for their site in Galway.
Maintain quality systems in support of TL9000/ISO-9001/ISO14001/ ISO-27001 requirements. Provides input on strategic initiatives to improve quality systems and procedures company-wide. Develop and maintain quality reports and monitor supplier and production quality to identify trends, support improvement plans and recommend corrective action. Supports manufacturing in the resolution of quality related issues including supplier product quality issue resolution. Provides input to the New Product Introduction process to establish quality plans and identify release criteria to approve product acceptance to manufacturing. Able to adequately communicate with customers and functional managers to maintain regular reporting, identify areas and drive ideas for improvement activity. Ability to present quality results, resolution status and overviews.
- Maintain Quality System process documentation working with process owners to assure processes are up to date and complete.
- Initiates and drives Supplier Corrective Actions and Internal Corrective Actions to correct product quality issues and documents corrective actions in company Corrective Action management system.
- Review supplier, production and field data collection system and make recommendations on reporting formats and overall quality metrics.
- Manage quality goals and promote continuous quality improvements in production and to customer experience.
- Manage the quality monitoring system of Contract Manufacturers and third party service providers.
- Drive Failure Analysis activities within company with Suppliers to obtain root cause and deploy corrective actions supported by effective reasoning skills.
- Review field failure information and coordinate resolution of customer quality issues.
- Manage key quality issues and coordinate corrective actions by deploying good cross functional team interpersonal skills.
- Support the TL9000/ISO 9001 Quality System, ISO14001 Environmental Certification and ISO-27001 Information Security Management System Programs and manage and drive continuous improvement of company processes.
- Support internal TL9000/ISO-9000/ISO14001/ISO-27001 audits in accordance with audit schedules.
- Conduct Quality Audits of company products and processes here and at the suppliers as required to insure products and processes meet quality expectations.
- Learn about Company’s business as appropriate. Shows up to work on time and attends work as scheduled.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or department head.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in an Engineering or Computer Science Discipline, or
- AS degree in an Engineering or Computer Science Discipline required with minimum of 7 years of Quality Systems related experience.
- Working knowledge of Quality Tools and application in the manufacturing and services environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to logically break down complex situations into tasks, or to formulate fault trees for risk analysis.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills to interact and communicate effectively with company executives as well as technical and support personnel.
- Proven analytical/statistical background with ability to perform quantitative/ qualitative analysis and work effectively in a matrixes environment.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft programs and statistical analysis tool sets is required. Familiarity with Great Plains, Agile, Factory Talk and SharePoint is desired or will be a required development training.
- Support knowledge of ISO/TL standards, including implementation/support practices and internal auditing procedures.
- Support knowledge of the EICC and ETASC social corporate compliance processes in support of cross functional involvement and maintenance.
- Requires in depth knowledge about the company’s products and services.
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
For further information on this Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla Crowley on 0860449473/ Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.