Quality Engineer Contract
Our client a leading MNC located in Clare requires a Quality Engineer for a contract role. The successful candidate will be responsible for resolving issues by identifying and applying solutions from acquired technical experience and guided precedents. The QE will plan and lead projects, work effectively/ productively with all departments by developing a team atmosphere. The Quality Engineer will also be responsible for assuring products conform to established requirements and standards through appropriate audit, inspection, and test activities.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- The QE will be evaluating process methods and equipment to meet performance and quality requirements.
- Establishing quality plans for equipment and processes for general and specific product performance needs
- Monitoring performance of processes to a standards
- Applying ISO and QSR requirements to processes and procedures for the company and outside suppliers; Working with suppliers on new product introduction to insure that quality and performance requirements are fulfilled
- Assisting Manufacturing, Sourcing and Development in the interpretation and application of regulations
- Developing and maintaining department and project budgets
- Microsoft Office Suite, expert knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerance, understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, design assurance, FMEA, and product testing methods, and are able to use optical comparators and CMMs.
- Full working knowledge of all supporting department needs and capabilities, including the ability to discern when inaccurate information is supplied and offer ideas for how to correct it.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- B.S. in engineering or an alternative Bachelor's degree program
- Certification as a quality engineer (e.g. CQE) or the Reliability Engineer Certification (CRE) granted through the American Society of Quality (ASQ)
- 3+ years' experience in a Quality Engineering role; Medical device strongly preferred
- Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department as well as outside the company (suppliers, regulatory agencies, etc.).
- Facilitates team efforts on quality engineering projects.
- Knowledge of statistics, process control, and process capability
For further information please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 /email@example.com
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.