Job ID: JOB-11306
Senior Quality Engineer
Commutable from Limerick, Clare, Galway
Reporting to the Projects Management Office and Quality Manager, the Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for leading the quality team and other areas of the business in the development and execution of problem resolution (8D’s), responding to and supporting customers with complaints, supporting the application of MSA and SPC procedures to meet customer specific requirements in alignment with IATF16949. The SQE will be responsible for development, production and review of documentation associated with APQP. Required to develop draft design documentation and chair cross-functional reviews of design documentation (FMEA’s, Control plans, MSA and SPC Studies etc…) for processes in operations. There will be shared responsibility for maintaining the Quality Manual, execution of internal audits against the existing quality system of production and business processes. Provide training to support the implementation of new or amended procedures and processes and day – day operations of the department.
- Support the Company Quality Policy
- Process Development – Output Auditable to IATF16949 or other standards as required
- Creation of Process Flows o Develop Process Steps through the creation/updating and maintenance of PFMEAs
- Flow identified characteristics through to Work Instructions and Control Plans
- Ensure the correct characteristics are measured at the correct sample size and frequency in a cost effective manner
- Identify and ensure the necessary data capturing devices are in place
- Develop process audits in compliance with IATF16949 or other standards as required
- Lead 8D process where applicable and co-ordinate the identification of root causes, designate ownership of corrective actions and ensure completion.
- Lead and co-ordinate investigations on defective parts & Validation of new processes/machines
- Perform Gap Analysis and roadmaps for IATF compliance
- Co-ordinate the activities and efforts of direct reports
- Participates in the development and creation of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) including Design (DFMEA) and Process (PFMEA), requires sufficient experience to chair and conduct PFMEA Sessions.
- Lead the development and creation of Work Instructions.
- Understand and participate in the development and creation of Control Test / Inspection Plans.
- Use (ERP System) and other software systems to retrieve quality requirements and perform tasks related to moving product in system.
- Ability to use necessary inspection equipment to ensure conformance to all visual and dimensional drawing requirements
- Train operators to complete inspections as set out in the quality plan across all shifts
- Ensure that work instructions, drawings and other required documentation is available to the production operator.
- Provide production operators with the necessary calibrated inspection equipment.
- Perform regular audits on production processes to ensure quality plans are adhered to.
- Perform 5S and Quality System Audits as required
- Perform and document inspections of components, assemblies, finished goods and prepare an inspection report.
- Ability to retrieve test data and assemble documentation packages to ship with the product including PPAP submission.
- Understand the Material Reject Report and transact/move rejected product as per the procedure or set out by your supervisor
- Hold and/or Quarantine product which is known to be non-conforming and/or where the inspection status is unknown – (including where operators have not adhered to/completed inspection plans)
- Raise and participate in corrective actions where a non-conformance has been identified
- Perform tasks as assigned by your supervisor
- Daily reporting of issues to supervisors and management.
- Communicate/Train Operators on inspection plans, work instructions and other necessary QMS documentation
- Train operators on the use of measurement equipment
- Practice good housekeeping
- Follow safety rules
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork focused on Continuous Improvement.
Drive and Support a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Ensure your area is properly organized to maintain 5S
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Promote the culture of quality and operator responsibility for workmanship and quality
- Facilitate operators to perform their own inspections through training, documentation and provision of gauging
- Understand and support the development of corrective actions through root cause analysis (5whys) 8D methodology
- Coordinate the development and creation of failure mode effect analysis (PFMEA)
- Participate in the creation of Design (DFMEA) and Process (PFMEA)
- Be an active member of the team and work with all employees to develop a world class Lean Manufacturing system
- Maintain and improve 5S standards
- Champion the Quality policy and assist in developing a customer responsive approach to meeting deadlines
- Apply knowledge and skills of processes to facilitate learning and growth among fellow team members.
Key Result Accountabilities
- Development of processes auditable to IATF16949
- Written report to the management team where quality plans are not followed
- Ensure the control and disposition of non-conforming product in your designated area o Coordinating or obtaining engineering concessions for non-conforming product where acceptable
- Ensure the team is tracking all scrap to individual Scrap Codes
- Ensure all documentation is accurately completed before submitting
- Be observant and ensure defects are reported
- Provide support to all employees to ensure compliance with SOPs and standard work procedures
- Co-ordinate with all departments in an effective and professional manner
- Carry out instructions outlined in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure execution of the daily production schedule.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out in contracts.
- Assist with the evaluation of Vendor and Supplier capability to meet our needs and requirements to ensure the provision of production consumables is adequate at all time.
- Document work instructions, facilitate CI improvements
- Provide rapid response to internal and external customer requests.
- Good communicator
- Coach/ mentor
- Team player
- Dedicated worker
- Actively complies with all rules and regulations
- Microsoft Windows-Office and EXCEL applications
- Knowledge of ISO9001, IATF16949
- Syteline and Intranet
- Team Dynamics and Inter-personal and strong communication skills
- Quality Management System Procedure relative to Job Responsibilities
- Basic Statistical Process Control and Statistical Fundamentals
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Green Belt certification is preferred.
- Blue Print reading and interpretation
For further information on this Senior Quality Engineer position in Galway please contact Clara Burke on 0868168273/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…