Our client a leading global business has a permanent job for a Q&R Lead reporting to the EMEA Engineering Lead. This job will be based in Galway.
The person will lead a team of Quality & Design Engineers, with responsibility for resolving customer product quality and reliability issues.
My client offers clear progression paths, excellent training & development and competitive compensation and benefits packages for their quality engineering team.
- Assign projects and manage a team of Quality Engineers to resolve large and small automotive product issues..
- Develop technical capability to overcome product challenges based on 6-Sigma principles.
- Ensure adherence to critical processes such as Requirements Definition, DFMEA, DVP&R and Design Reviews.
- Continuously improve project management capability including the use of lean visual management techniques.
- Challenge project schedules to identify roadblocks to avoid project delays. Work with the management team to resolve these issues and build capability within the team.
- Challenge the team to find innovative ways to identify and remove waste in their projects.
- Manage priorities and the number of open projects within the team to balance project efficiency with flexibility.
- Coordinate cross-functional engagement throughout projects both on and off-site.
- Building of a strong cooperation and collaboration between product lines and international plants
Education, experience and skills
- Honours Primary degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Electronics Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong leadership skills to challenge the status quo and develop capabilities within the team and strong project management skills
- Belt qualification in 6-Sigma a distinct advantage
- System level product development including Drive-Train, Structural, Electro-mechanical and Refrigeration systems a distinct advantage
For further information on this Quality and Reliability Lead role in Galway please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval