Quality Engineer Westmeath
Our Client a Healthcare Company in Westmeath are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer. Reporting to the Quality Manager, as Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for for maintaining product quality and related documentation in accordance with the IATF16949 Requirements
- Main quality contact for your specific customers on Quality issues
- Preparation of all necessary Quality documentation as requested by customers – Product Spec Manuals, Work Instructions (inc photographs), SOP, measurement reports (ISIR’s), process capability studies,
- co-ordination of external testing etc. and preparation of PPAP if requested by the Customer
- Preparation of presentations and other quality documentation necessary for customer visits and also for visits to customer sites
- Adhere to all procedures and maintain Quality System to standard (ISO 9001 / IATF 16949)
- Ensure all Product Spec Manuals and all related documents are kept fully up to date
- Ensure current information is available in the production area and in a presentable format that meets both customer and standard requirements
- Ensure that document control is maintained at all times
- Maintain customer complaints recording procedures to standard. Lead failsafe meetings and maintain 8D response system to customer and Standard requirements
- Monitor vendor control and assessment system (NCMR’s) and ensure problem vendors are identified and controls implemented to prevent problem reaching products.
- Liaise with Product Development on new products and changes to existing products (under customer and ISO procedures)
- Generate FMEA’s and develop control plans for new and existing products and use corrective and preventative tools within the plant.
- Work with the customer to ensure PIS documents are submitted and approved in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer specific test requirements are completed in accordance with the relevant ISO Standard or customer specified requirement.
- Review Material to meet the IMDS “International Material Data System” requirements.
- Member of new projects development team
- Participate in continuous improvement activities within the plant
- Carry out audits to ensure that procedures are adhered to and with to ensure the that quality systems in place are effective
- Carry out Operator training
Quality Assurance Team:
- Work Closely with the Quality Team, providing support in other areas where required
- Good communication written or verbal to build excellent relationships with customers through frequent contact and visits when required
Sales & Marketing:
- Liaise with the Sales and Marketing Department learn customers from them.
- Liaise on Quality Issues
Product Development Department:
- Be involved from the beginning on new projects ensuring that there is a focus on quality from the beginning
The Successful Candidate:
- Have a relevant 3rd level qualification with 3+ years quality experience post-graduation
- Experience with IATF 16949 and ISO regulations
- Experience in moulding environment (injection or blow moulding) preferred
- Experience in driving continuous improvement projects is essential
- The ability to blend best practices from different methodologies to deliver results (Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen)
- Demonstrated methodical and analytical approach
- Strong attention to detail with structured approach to planning & organising
- Be able to work on own initiative and priorities work as required
- Have excellent communication skills
For further information on this Quality Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Orla on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.