Our client a pharmaceutical company in Mayo is looking to recruit a Quality Laboratory Supervisor for their site.
The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the planning, supervision and control of the testing schedule for all manufactured product and all product included in the Global Stability program. Testing is to be performed in line with Corporate Standards and FDA, HPRA and other MOH regulatory requirements. This schedule compliance will be achieved by having a continued “on the floor” presence within the laboratory area actively engaging with, challenging and motivating team members.
- Work directly with other Laboratory Testing Leads to ensure that all testing is completed as per schedule.
- Facilitate movement of personnel among testing teams in order to ensure that the collective testing schedules are achieved.
- Ensure timely review of data generated within the team in conjunction with the Documentation Review Lead.
- Work in conjunction with the laboratory trainer to ensure that sufficient technicians are proficient in the necessary product assays
- Provide motivation to the team and take appropriate corrective action on individual/team performance where required.
- Hold performance meetings according to company policy.
- To take an active role in the recruitment of team members.
- Update TMS and take appropriate action where an individual’s attendance / timekeeping is below the expected standard.
- Actively participate in the training and certification of new employees.
- Ensure that all aspects of the area of responsibility are fully staffed and that any constraints are managed appropriately.
- Ensure all activities are completed in line with regulatory (QA and EHS) and corporate requirements.
- Provide required date per testing timelines to support product release and the global stability program.
- Provide team KPI data.
- Attend Departmental and APEX meetings; Safety Gembas, Green Team Meetings
- Hold the agreed number of Team Meetings and Andon Board meetings.
- Any other meeting as directed by the area Manager.
- Provide review and approval of local and corporate documents.
- Proven track record in direct people management
- Scientific qualification in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of laboratory GMP standards
- Ability to articulate clearly when dealing with external bodies
- Excellent conflict handling skills
- Relationship Building: establishing excellent working relationships with direct reports through a hands-on approach and giving clear and concise instruction.
- Communication: Excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and oral – ability to present data in a clear and concise manner to team members and where required, to management.
- Planning & Organising: able to plan activities and tasks whilst ensuring the required number of people are available and in place to perform the task.
- Decision Making: identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities whilst providing a viable solution.
- Adaptability; Able to work in a fast, dynamic, environment whilst being able to adjust readily to meet unexpected constraints.
- Undertake any training or travel that the role may require
For further information on this Quality Laboratory Supervisor role in Mayo please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.