Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Quality Manager for their site.
Understand our customer needs and provide leadership for establishing quality as the no 1 priority for all employees. Create a quality ethos among employees that delivers a superior product and service to the competition. Take ownership, accountability and responsibility for verification of the quality of all Truck, Trailer and ancillary products (annually amounting in value to more than $500M) in shipments from the Galway facility.
Hold accountability for dramatically reducing the $8M which is spent annually on warranty failures for products shipped from the Galway site. Drive bottom line improvements in this area through both preventative and corrective actions. Implement control programs to deliver our business objectives. Provide failure analysis of warranty claims to the engineering, supplier management and the factory manufacturing teams to ensure that root causes of failure have been identified and are being actioned.
Supplier Quality Controls
- Manage programs for the selection, approval, monitoring and development of suppliers. Performance is to be in line with the increasingly high level demands for product performance in terms of customer expectation and factory tolerance to right first time assembly.
- Work skillfully through engagement with corporate procurement team using regular, formal reviews of supplier performance. Ensure that processes that are designed to control changes to the design or manufacture of supplier components is tightly controlled.
Change Control Governance
Take a leading role in ensuring compliance to the gate approval process for both all large scale New Product Introductions and all small engineering changes alike. Ensure adherence to process and, in particular, that all potential failure modes have been addressed prior to launch. Take particular ownership of the change process as it applies to the manufacturing processes.
Manufacturing Process Quality
Establish and manage operator training documentation and an operator development process that is capable of meeting the ever changing needs of the manufacturing process. This is to include the provision of training resources, training standards and a monitoring process.
Deploy new technologies and new methodologies to create a high level of quality performance based on accurate and real time data.
Quality System Design
Drive the ongoing development of Galway?s business operating system so that it continuously evolves to meet ever-changing customer and business needs. Ensure that the business system is supported by the appropriate level of documentation. Ensure that all business processes are audited, both internally and externally, and that findings are actioned upon, to ensure continued compliance and relevance to business objectives. Ensure continued compliance to ISO and other relevant certification.
Continuous Improvement Methodology
Engage deeply with the Value Stream methodologies and drive the A3 `basic problem solving? process to support takt time attainment on all lines. Become a champion and a coach for A3 thinking to create focus on the key tactical and strategic challenges being faced by the business. Continuously improve department efficiency by moving quality resources upstream.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant work experience with a multinational organization including responsibility for product and process quality, regulatory compliance as well as quality training and development.
- A primary degree in an Engineering discipline and preferably a post graduate qualification in quality assurance.
- Exceptional communication, inter-personal and team leadership skills are essential
- Six Sigma Black Belt qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Fluency in a second European language would also be an advantage. Ability to travel up to 20%
For further information on this Quality Manage role in Galway please contact Nicola O?Connell on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval