Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Quality Manager for their site.
The Quality Manager is responsible for further enhancing and maintaining the Quality Management System. They will also be responsible for identifying and leading value improvement and waste elimination projects that drive plant and company performance improvements while promoting the development and advancement of the lean culture within the site
Responsibilities and Duties
- Member of Site Management Team.
- Management Oversight of ISO 9001 and other certifications.
- Manage Management Review process.
- Representing the Quality Department in customer meetings and third party audits.
- Managing team of 2 direct employees (QA Supervisor & CI Engineer) and 7 indirect reports.
- Own facility layout and design projects with the Production Teams, Facilities and Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Initiate, lead and champion lean projects (i.e. Lean Production, Lean Support and Born Lean) with the Assembly & Moulding Production areas, Engineering and support functions.
- Drive the ongoing introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the site and work with Production Teams to create the Lean vision for the site.
- Constantly promote, educate and instill the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas.
- Coordinate and lead general engineering tasks, which may include: creating and updating standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and leading site projects that are part of the business developement plan.
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Create, maintain and refine a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, TPM, quick change over, value stream mapping, & Quality Engineering.
- Promote cross-functional and inter-site teamwork to accomplish shared objectives.
Qualification and Other Skills
- QA Degree
- Lean /Six-sigma qualification an advantage.
- Up to 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a manufacturing operation.
- Membership of Engineers Ireland or similar professional body will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the principles of 5S, SMED, and Kaizen an advantage.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Good knowledge of cost and project management.
- Excellent Technical Report writing and communications skills essential.
- Strong team player and ability to work on own initiative.
- Available to travel when required to other Aptar sites.
- An ability to build strong relationships with other departments.
- Development of internal processes, procedures and policies.
- Experience in managing costs against departmental budgets.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Management of diverse groups, strong delegation skills, coaching skills.
- Strong problem solving skill with strong attention to detail.
For further information on this Quality Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.