Job ID: JOB-9540
A medical device company who a site located in Galway is recruiting for a Quality Manager role. This role is commutable from Mayo, Clare and Limerick. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the identification, implementation, and support of quality assurance activities to support the business quality system. Provides technical and administrative guidance to Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and suppliers of raw materials or finished medical devices. Required to communicate in an effective manner with internal employees, regulators, and suppliers/consultants and contractors. Must be committed to corporate goals of customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Direct reports include senior engineers, engineers, and technicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine and define quality assurance requirements from review of engineering drawings and/or specifications, industry standards, government specifications or other applicable source documents.
- Manage quality control activities related to production including incoming inspections, audits, and process validations.
- Ensures compliance of quality systems to the QSR, other applicable regulations/standards, and internal procedures, including but not limited to validation.
- Ensures suppliers, contractors and consultants performing systems work related to quality systems comply with regulations, standards, and internal company policies and procedures.
- Develop and administer effective data collection and reporting system to meet regulatory requirements and management information needs. Actively monitors data sources and collects data where necessary to identify process requirements and significant process improvement opportunities.
- Leads implementation of quality improvement projects.
- Manage quality control investigation activities related to customer complaints.
- Monitor, report out on and drive improvement in corporate Quality metrics
- Responsible for device history record review and product release.
- Provides resources, including the assignment of trained personnel for performance of work and assessment activities to meet requirements.
- Develop direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting performance reviews.
- Translate department goals into individual objectives for direct reports.
- Support internal audit program for the business.
- Responsible for site metrology program
- Leading cross-functional teams in product and process development
- Serves as coach and mentor for new engineers
- Lead and motivate team members through feedback and stretch assignments. Establishes and maintains high levels of credibility. Collaborates effectively across the organization, leverages resources from other parts of the organization to build commitment and achieve results.
- Demonstrate ability in selecting, interviewing, training, coaching, motivate, discipline, and direct people.
- Extensive knowledge of the Quality System Regulation and Associated regulations and standards.
- Requires hands on system and process validation experience
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Degree in Manufacturing or Quality Engineering discipline, or Bachelor’s degree in another field plus a minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in a quality engineering or regulatory compliance role.
- People management experience
For further information on this Quality Manager role in Galway please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11550 Buyer Planner My client is a long established Medical Device multinational. As they construe to grow, there’s…
Job ID: JOB-5317 Quality Manager Our Client a Leading Medical Device Organisation are looking to attract a Quality/Environmental Manager for…
Job ID: JOB-11549 Design Engineer My manufacturing client in South County Galway are recruiting for a Design Engineer to join…