Quality Manager – Operations
Job ID: JOB-11954
Quality Manager – Operations Our client, is recruiting for a Quality Operations Manager to join their team in Galway. The role is commutable from Mayo and Clare. Reporting to the Quality Director, the Quality Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining and driving continuous improvement of Quality and Compliance. The Quality Manager will ensure a culture of continuous improvement is in place to drive improved compliance, effectiveness and efficiency. This position is responsible for ensuring full procedural compliance to the regulatory requirements of 21 CFR 820, ISO13485, RDC ANVISA 16/2013, MHLW MO 169, TG(MD)R sch3 and other applicable regulations. The Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. The teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labour, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication. Key Responsibilities
- Health and Safety – focus in line with plant objectives to ensure initiatives are successful and agreed targets are achieved. This includes accident reduction and 5S+1 program success.
- Lead and support a program to achieve the star ratings through implementation of tools through the business, and drive performance improvements through the use of these tools.
- Works with the business unit and Engineering Manager to achieve the cascaded Plant objectives.
- Develop Quality Operations Strategy for the business unit.
- Drive a Quality continuous improvement and innovation culture.
- Lead and support Cost of Poor-Quality initiatives.
- Develop strong links with customer organisations.
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Management system in all activities.
- Participate in new product introductions to ensure quality is built into all products early in their life cycle.
- Ensure effective and efficient process controls are implemented and maintained (inspection standards, plans, frequencies and test methods).
- Management and continued development of Quality staff.
- Promote awareness of the applicable regulatory requirements and Quality Management system requirements throughout the organisation.
- Develop and implement Manufacturing procedures and systems to assure product manufactured for human use meets design and functional specifications. These systems are to include as a minimum: o Delivery of raw materials and components o Manufactured devices and equipment o Documentation associated with these functions
- Develop, track, and report on the following administrative systems: o Department metrics and objectives o Personnel development and training
- Support regulatory agency and customer Quality audits. Act on behalf of Plant Management during audits.
- Authority to place products or processes on hold.
- Design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Manage Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Drive the utilization of formal problem-solving techniques to resolve process-related issues.
- As required, lead cross-functional teams to support resolution of product and/or process-related issues or objectives.
Education, Experience and Skills required
- Level 8 degree in Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 7+ years relevant Quality Operations experience in GMP Manufacturing environment in Medical Device/Pharma industry.
- Strong people management experience.
- Regulatory audit facing experience.
- Innovative, knowledgeable and intensely committed to ensure that every product and service we supply conforms to FDA and Quality System Regulations as well as FDA QSR (21 CFR 820), ISO 13485, RDC ANVISA 16/2013, MHLW MO 169, TG(MD) Sch3/ MDD, MDR Standards.
- Ability to work as a proactive team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the ability to lead in a previous role.
- Good organization and investigation skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and innovation skills. For further information on this Quality Operations Manager role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…