Our client a leading manufacturing company in Galway are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join their team. The Quality Manager Job is permanent and will be responsible to manage all Quality Operations activities relating to the Business Unit and Vendor Quality activities for all suppliers to the Galway site.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Manager
- Develops and manages a high performance quality engineering and vendor teams. Creates a strong collaborative team working environment with focus on customer needs, product quality and compliance.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the site quality system and product quality ensuring compliance to governing regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Leads and demonstrates expertise in the areas of QSR and ISO standards within one's own group, constantly promoting awareness of best industry practices and making appropriate decisions on a daily basis.
- Proactively protects the customer through ensuring that all products are manufactured to the highest standards and under the highest GMP conditions.
- Support audits from external regulatory agencies and customers and leads preparation activities in advance of such audits.
- Ensures all customer queries and concerns are professionally addressed in a timely manner.
- Participates in new product introduction to ensure quality is built into all products early in their life cycle.
- Has the responsibility and independent authority to make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Participates in Customer Complaint investigations for areas under their control and escalates critical issues as appropriate.
- Manages and provides guidance and/or assists in defining, implementing and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions and supplier corrective action reports, ensure that adequate corrective action is put in place by suppliers and monitor effectiveness of same.
- Provides best in class root cause analysis & problem solving guidance
- Provides direction on Vendor Quality Management strategy and direction for the site.
- Lead investigation of component/material quality issues as they arise - works with supply chain, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve issues and to disposition materials.
- Works proactively with suppliers to drive improvements in supplier material and service quality.
- Promoting the Quality System within the Supply Base - working with Purchasing, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection and the business units to ensure that components meet our requirements.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 8+ years' relevant supplier quality / quality operations experience in GMP manufacturing environment in Medical Device/Pharma industry.
- Percent Travel Required:15%
- Excellent coaching/mentoring skill and communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in people management and development.
- Strong team building skills with proven abilities in decision making and sound personal judgment
For further information on this Quality Manager role in Galway please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our website - www.hero.ie