Quality Supervisor –Incoming Inspection
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Quality Supervisor –Incoming Inspection for their site.Job Summary:
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing the Quality Control Inspection team understanding and execution of appropriate inspection processes across Incoming, In Process and Final Inspection. Other activities may be assigned as needed.
- Provide Direct Supervision to Quality Inspectors ensuring that all resources are properly trained and cross trained as required across Incoming, In Process and Final Inspection steps.
- Manage daily work assignments of Quality Inspectors including overseeing employee job performance such as attendance, quality and productivity.
- Plan, assigns and adjusts work priorities to meet daily, weekly, monthly customer sales order requirements.
- Supports Quality reporting metrics; provides data for tracking metrics. Assists in development of root-cause analysis and ensure corrective/ preventive actions are implemented to address non-conformances.
- Initiation and support of continual improvement solutions for new and enhanced methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of data.
- Work with relevant Engineering Teams to establish inspection plans, frequencies and test methods for incoming material/parts.
- Overall responsibility for GMP standards and compliance within manufacturing area, key lead in external Regulatory and Customer audits for inspection areas.
- Manage assigned aspects of the quality system in compliance with ISO 13485, FDA QSR, MHLW and Canadian Quality System requirements.
- Quality system training of personnel as per defined training plans.
- Perform other assigned tasks and support all aspects of the Quality System as directed by the Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- BE/BS Degree. A Post-graduate qualification in Quality Assurance is preferable although not mandatory.
- At least three to five years Quality Supervisor experience in an inspection/lab environment or related role within the medical device industry.
- Ability to work on own initiative and lead a team.
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive implementation of innovative quality improvements.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate and actively promote high levels of professional Supervisory skills.
- Good communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company.
- Ability to write clear, concise technical reports.
- Good administrative/organizational ability with high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers, customers and regulatory contacts in an informed professional manner.
- Thorough understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA QSR.
For further information on this Quality Supervisor role in Galway please contact Orla on 086 0449473/ Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.