Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Quality Technician for their Ballinasloe site.
As part of the Quality team, you will be reporting to the Quality Supervisor, with responsibilities in providing Quality support to manufacturing. You should have previously demonstrated a track record of problem solving ability, have shown the ability to pay attention to detail and good communications skills. Shift based role - week 1 6am - 2pm, week 2 2pm - 10pm, be the Quality Liaison with all Operational groups.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive problem solving with the goal to reduce cost incurred in scrap, customer returns and rework of product, working with the moulding and/or assembly teams.
- Product Non Conformance
- Where product non-conformances are identified through internal sources (moulding, assembly or quality) or customer complaints.
- With Quality Supervisor manage quarantine, by reviewing the non-conformance on a daily basis ensuring the data and samples provided justifies entry to quarantine.
- Ensure that where product non-conformances are identified that stock is appropriately traced, managed and the issue is to be contained.
- Work within cross functional teams to define root cause/corrections required to resolve quality non-conformances.
- Validate the effectiveness of the quality system in detecting problems found.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the quality system to reduce the detection time of non-conforming product.
- Propose changes to documentation and systems including the creation/modification of the documentation.
- Review with production team treatment of non-conformities ensuring adequate treatment, both of effective process revalidation and product disposition.
- Ensure that actions to treat stock, verify, release quarantined stock and the product disposition is communicated to production managers.
- Carry out Process/internal Audits against Quality System requirements.
- Customer complaint management – Assist in the processing of claim, including stock verification, investigation and traceability.
- Liaise daily with Team leaders in moulding and assembly on quality issues found.
- Provide written update to Quality Manager on Key Metrics & performance issues.
- Ensure that when there are updates to the Quality system that this information is effectively communicated to all production personnel.
- Other areas of activity
- Active participation in the development training programs and participation in employee training to ensure continued compliance to ISO 9001/ISO 14001/ISO50001/ISO 45001.
- Any other duties as required by the Quality supervisor or Quality manager.
Qualification and Other Skills
- Qualification: Certification/Degree Level 7 in a Quality discipline.
- Experience in quality system auditing.
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- A track record of problem solving (A3, DMAIC).
- Knowledge of working with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology.
- Computer Literate, MS Excel, Access, Word, SAP etc
- The successful candidate will be a flexible highly motivated individual with the ability to work on his or her own initiative.
- Individual should have a pro-active, practical and innovative outlook and approach to everyday activities.
- This role will involve working in cross-functional teams therefore Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter and team player
For further information on this Quality Technician role in Galway please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.