R&D Automation Engineer II
Our client, a medical device company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a R&D Automation Engineer II for their site.
Provides support to the Process Development organization to facilitate machine design for the production area, to automate existing processes, and to ensure that design goals are met. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Quality and production organizations to automate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
- Designs mechanical systems to support highly automated production lines.
- Experience with designing mechanical product handling on automated systems - Robot grippers, conveying systems etc
- Detailed experience with designing Vision Illumination solutions for use by camera and software systems to reliably detect artefacts.
- Experience with Solid works.
- Knowledge of vision control software an advantage i.e. Cognex Vision Pro
- Knowledge of PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Architects methodologies to enable high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Develops Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Ability to Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Ability to Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Experience with Electronic hardware design
- Experience with Pumps and Motor control
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Analyses and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
Job Scope and Levelling Guidelines
- Knowledge: A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Have knowledge of alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the business or technological environment.
- Planning and Organization: Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making: Works under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments. May seek guidance in resolving problems, interpretating established policies, procedures and practices. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment.
- Business Relationships and Project Management: Cultivates a wide range of internal business relationships and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of small to moderate scope. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Impact: Contributes to the completion of departmental projects and goals. Errors in judgment, poor recommendations, or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Liaison: Engages with internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects. Uses diplomacy and tact in interactions and problem solving.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval