Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit a R&D Engineer for their site.
- Typically act as the R&D core team member / R&D technical lead for the NPI project designing and launching a product (internally manufactured or sourced) within the con?nes of a New Product Development Stage Gate Process.
- Provides leadership to R&D team members, guiding them in terms of prioritization, problem solving, and referrals to appropriate experts / SME's.
- Liaise with Marketing representing R&D to identify unmet customer needs and then lead cross functional effort to conceive, evaluate, and design new products to meet those needs.
- Leads R&D Project team meetings as necessary. Summarizes notes, action items, and decisions.
- Contributes technical and product knowledge and/or manufacturing experience to team discussions.
- Ability to apply and interpret Statistical Techniques and coach and mentor junior engineers in the use and application of statistical analysis tools.
- Support the development of detailed project plans with the Project Manager
- Support Project Manager in estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals on time and on budget with Functional Managers
- Meet the key deliverables in compliance with the Product Development Process(PDP)
- Instil a sense of Accountability among team members and influence them to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned area of responsibility within R&D.
- Mechanical or Polymer Engineering degree, or equivalent, with knowledge of and experience with plastic part design and manufacturing processes.
- 7 years plus of combined project management and/or product development experience within a regulatory environment.
- Proven ability to partner cross functional organizations to successfully drive the business (relationship building skills is key - influencing - working through people)
- Solid working knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements, plus experience dealing with regulatory agencies or outside professional groups (e.g. FDA, ISO, ANSI, HIMA)
- A strong communicator, verbal and written, across all levels of the organization as well as cross functionally
- An extensive multi-tasker, and problem solver with high energy levels and strong organizational abilities.
- Organised and attentive to details, and must have strategic and tactical thinking.
- Knowledge of DFSS / DRM
- Ability to influence geographically dispersed teams to resolve project challenges and retire project risk
- Medical Device and Clinical Environment experience desirable with proven history delivering complex projects to agreed KPI's.
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval